Should I settle on Acronis True Image (paid version) or Macrium?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1.    12 Oct 2018 #61

    Macrium Reflect Free is the way to go. I've used it for many years and it always gets the job done.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    12 Oct 2018 #62

    Macrium is my main backup software too. But, don't underestimate AomeiBackupper, it's an excellent program. I use both Macrium and Aomei. I always have at least one Aomei fullbackup image on my external USB HDs
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 197
    Windows 10 home Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586
    Thread Starter
       14 Oct 2018 #63

    I appreciate all the comments on this thread. I'm convinced that MR is the favorite of serious users. I'll continue to use it and abandon my paid version of ATI.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 22,001
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18290 (18298 has sound problems)
       14 Oct 2018 #64

    lbeck said: View Post
    I appreciate all the comments on this thread. I'm convinced that MR is the favorite of serious users. I'll continue to use it and abandon my paid version of ATI.
    Ibeck, since you've made your decision, it would be good to mark the thread solved. People will then understand you have your answer and have made your decision.

    Good choice, BTW!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. Clintlgm's Avatar
    Posts : 901
    Win 10 pro Upgraded from 8.1
       15 Oct 2018 #65

    lbeck said: View Post
    I appreciate all the comments on this thread. I'm convinced that MR is the favorite of serious users. I'll continue to use it and abandon my paid version of ATI.
    Yes, I did the very same back in 2012 for the obvious reasons.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    15 Oct 2018 #66

    Would you believe that over the years, I have done many Macrium Reflect restorations, with ZERO failures.

    I left Acronis behind a long time ago. Too many failures for me.

    The most important feature of a good backup problem is obviously reliability. A simple and easy interface with an easy scheduler is also handy. I also like the purge feature. And if you can still get into Windows, you can go to Other Tasks and Add Recovery Boot Option and restart to do a restoration without the need of a disc or USB drive.
    Last edited by Stigg; 16 Oct 2018 at 01:21.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    16 Oct 2018 #67

    I have had dialogues with Acronis who accused me of lying when I said it was unreliable and their market research showed it was clearly the best tool in the market. They accused me of spreading disinformation about it being paid only as you could get it free if you bought a new hard drive bundled with it.

    Jeepers - those guys are living in la la land. I even pointed them to posts on TF here, and they called us a bunch of biased users!

    Sure we are biased as WE KNOW Acronis is a POS compared with the superb Macrium Reflect!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    16 Oct 2018 #68

    cereberus said: View Post
    I have had dialogues with Acronis who accused me of lying when I said it was unreliable and their market research showed it was clearly the best tool in the market. They accused me of spreading disinformation about it being paid only as you could get it free if you bought a new hard drive bundled with it.

    Jeepers - those guys are living in la la land. I even pointed them to posts on TF here, and they called us a bunch of biased users!

    Sure we are biased as WE KNOW Acronis is a POS compared with the superb Macrium Reflect!
    Acronis software is also poorly engineered being very difficult to completely uninstall.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    16 Oct 2018 #69

    Steve C said: View Post
    Acronis software is also poorly engineered being very difficult to completely uninstall.
    That's another thing I forgot to mention about it.
    It's wise to use a third party uninstaller.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    16 Oct 2018 #70

    Stigg said: View Post
    That's another thing I forgot to mention about it.
    It's wise to use a third party uninstaller.
    Or better, never install that garbage in the first place!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Related Threads
I was toying with buying a copy of Acronis true Image now that it is on sale, but I figured I'd ask for some thoughts before doing so. Mainly, I'm looking for the ability to boot from CD/USB and create an image of a hard drive, for backup or...
Solved acronis true image 2013 HELP! in Backup and Restore
Hello, I'm in need of some help? I currently have acronis true image 2013 installed on my pc and friends. We both have the F11 feature turned on, but my question is their any other way to boot acronis true image without using the F11 feature? Do...
I have recently installed Acronis True Image 2017 into my Win 10 pro desktop PC. Got a good deal as an upgrade offer. I only make backups on this PC as and when I feel the need to, definitely not on a weekly basis. This is not a work PC and I do...
Acronis True Image Alternatives in Backup and Restore
I'm looking for any alternatives to Acronis True Image, specifically the boot disk option. Is there anything else better that you can recommend that gives me bootable media (USB preferred) and will allow me to make an image of the computer and send...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:01.
Find Us