Windows 10: How much do you trust Macrium Reflect?

View Poll Results: Percentage

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • 100%

    49 85.96%
  • 75%

    5 8.77%
  • 50%

    2 3.51%
  • 0%

    1 1.75%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
  1. ThrashZone's Avatar
    Posts : 3,654
    3-Win-7Prox64 2-Win10Prox64
       1 Week Ago #71

    cereberus said: View Post
    What I do not understand is why MS think that backing up data is all we require?

    They just seem to have a total blind spot on the value of image backups.
    Hi,
    MS just wants people to pay for onedrive storage basically :)
    No money in system imaging on a device sitting next to the user it way too straight forward.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2. ThrashZone's Avatar
    Posts : 3,654
    3-Win-7Prox64 2-Win10Prox64
       1 Week Ago #72

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Not totally..... There is some recognition they do exist......

    Attachment 203775

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ll-creators-up
    Hi,
    Yep got to sell the partners :)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 36,286
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       1 Week Ago #73

    Bree said: View Post
    You're right, though I think it is more to do with cereberus' interpretation...


    FWIW, they still seem to put a little effort into support, apparently it got fixed in Insider build 17711 and should hopefully make its way into 1809....
    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Skip Ahead Build 17711 - July 6 Insider - Windows 10 Forums
    Well, that's good news for the x86 Win 7 type backup users on Win 10 x86. Gives them some breathing room. Wonder what they've been doing meanwhile. Some 3rd party or File History, or copy/paste data, or nothing.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 36,286
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       1 Week Ago #74

    ThrashZone said: View Post
    Hi,
    MS just wants people to pay for onedrive storage basically :)
    No money in system imaging on a device sitting next to the user it way too straight forward.
    Do I detect just a slight touch of .......
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    1 Week Ago #75

    I trust MR a great deal more than MS about 250% . Try Windows built in backup or restore points which have never worked,
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. ThrashZone's Avatar
    Posts : 3,654
    3-Win-7Prox64 2-Win10Prox64
       1 Week Ago #76

    Hi,
    Maybe just a touch :)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7. mojo53's Avatar
    Posts : 22
    64 bit Win10 Pro v1803 - 17134.285
       1 Week Ago #77

    I only complained yesterday about "System Restore" never working and having to rely more on Full Image backups with Macrium even for minor changes and today i noticed these new updates:

    Successfully installed on ‎14/‎09/‎2018
    KB4100347: Intel microcode updates

    Successfully installed on ‎14/‎09/‎2018
    September 11, 2018—KB4457128 (OS Build 17134.285)

    Successfully installed on ‎13/‎09/‎2018
    Servicing stack update for Windows 10, version 1803: September 11, 2018

    Successfully installed on ‎13/‎09/‎2018
    Security update for Adobe Flash Player: September 11, 2018

    Successfully installed on ‎13/‎09/‎2018
    September 11, 2018—KB4457128 (OS Build 17134.285)

    So out of curiosity i checked system restore and it worked, it was very slow restoring the system, but at least it struggled through to completion, and i don't believe in the Tooth fairy or the Easter bunny or Microsoft updates fixing my computer, but something has and it would be nice to know what it was, maybe Macrium felt sorry for me LOL,
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 8,594
    10 Home x64 (1803) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       1 Week Ago #78

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    ...Wonder what they've been doing meanwhile. Some 3rd party or File History, or copy/paste data, or nothing.
    Well, if they've been reading TenForums they'd know by now that...
    ...there are workarounds....

    Creating a system image works after replacing the 32-bit 1803's version of wbengine.exe with one from another version, the 32-bit 1709 is the usual choice.

    Restoring a system image works when booting from a recovery drive made by 1709 or any earlier version.
    1803 creating a system image fails with RPC server error 0x800706BA - post #52

    Personally for my test machine, where the whole point is to be able to image and reimage at will, I've switched over to using Macrium.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    1 Week Ago #79

    Like I said I am always messing up my computer and Macrium has always been able to restore to a pre messed up state.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    1 Week Ago #80

    mojo53 said: View Post
    I only complained yesterday about "System Restore" never working and having to rely more on Full Image backups with Macrium even for minor changes and today i noticed these new updates:

    Successfully installed on ‎14/‎09/‎2018
    KB4100347: Intel microcode updates

    Successfully installed on ‎14/‎09/‎2018
    September 11, 2018—KB4457128 (OS Build 17134.285)

    Successfully installed on ‎13/‎09/‎2018
    Servicing stack update for Windows 10, version 1803: September 11, 2018

    Successfully installed on ‎13/‎09/‎2018
    Security update for Adobe Flash Player: September 11, 2018

    Successfully installed on ‎13/‎09/‎2018
    September 11, 2018—KB4457128 (OS Build 17134.285)

    So out of curiosity i checked system restore and it worked, it was very slow restoring the system, but at least it struggled through to completion, and i don't believe in the Tooth fairy or the Easter bunny or Microsoft updates fixing my computer, but something has and it would be nice to know what it was, maybe Macrium felt sorry for me LOL,
    Try to use a restore point to restore a system 6 months down the road. Then you will get a good laugh. With MR this is indeed possible and the facts are that SR is a joke and always has been.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Related Threads
Macrium Reflect in Backup and Restore
I have WD Element with Windows10. How do I open it to retrieve a file. If I click on WD Elements in" MY PC" I get Capture2 If I double click on WD Elements I get capture2. How does one actually get into the programme to be able to work it please?
Macrium Reflect in Backup and Restore
Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole
Clever Macrium Reflect in Backup and Restore
I tried a experiment with Macrium Reflect, I wanted to know if Backup & reinstall would be affected if a number of apps were open at the time of Backup, so on my 2nd Desktop PC I used Macrium Reflect Free and made a Backup with CS6, PDN, Syncios,...
Macrium Reflect... in Backup and Restore
Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it...
If you ask me, Macrium Reflect should be obligatory, first application installed after installing Windows 10. Users often think it as just another backup application but in fact it is much more, giving more than any other free imaging solution....
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38.
Find Us