The Raspberry Pi Thread [4]

  1. strollin's Avatar
    Posts : 759
    W10 Pro (desktop), W10 (laptop), W10 (laptop), W10Pro (tablet)
       09 Aug 2018 #1081

    Hey Caperjack, here's a guide on how to use those sewable LED thingies: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/18...53771477182657
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 4,048
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       09 Aug 2018 #1082

    thank you ..I just ordered the things[plus thing i didn't really need lol] i need to go with the other wearable's ,.
    strollin said: View Post
    Hey Caperjack, here's a guide on how to use those sewable LED thingies: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/18...53771477182657
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    10 Aug 2018 #1083

    Hay Jack, have you run my weather clock (sense hat) python code lately? My indoor one is all wonky reading the humidity? It reads way high at any humidity over ~70%. Last couple of days its been saying its 100% pretty well all day when its really only 80 to 90 %. I swapped sense hats and it made no difference. I "think" its a sensor issue on the sense hat? That or my install is corrupted or something?
    My portable gets all its readings from a BME680 and its reading normally. Thinking of doing up a fresh install from scratch on the indoor one to see if it makes any difference. I've resisted because setting up the RTC (DS3231) is a bit of a pain.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 4,048
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       10 Aug 2018 #1084

    yeah running it now in my room ,its showing 48% humity pressure is 1009kb temp 27c
    seems normal..

    I bought a unicorn phat to make this silent alarm clock for my grandson ,cant get it to run the file they supply on there site ,,to phat runs all the examples, i followed the directions to a T....
    Make a Cute Alarm Clock with Mood light - Pimoroni Yarr-niversity

    running it all from the command like
    it just sits there doing nothing till i do the ctrl c to close it it just shows ,this.the last part of the file , it says

    ctrackback (most recent call last):
    file "mood.py" , line 28, in <module>
    time.sleep (10)
    keyboardInterrupt

      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    10 Aug 2018 #1085

    caperjack said: View Post
    yeah running it now in my room ,its showing 48% humity pressure is 1009kb temp 27c
    seems normal..

    I bought a unicorn phat to make this silent alarm clock for my grandson ,cant get it to run the file they supply on there site ,,to phat runs all the examples, i followed the directions to a T....
    Make a Cute Alarm Clock with Mood light - Pimoroni Yarr-niversity

    running it all from the command like
    it just sits there doing nothing till i do the ctrl c to close it it just shows ,this.the last part of the file , it says

    ctrackback (most recent call last):
    file "mood.py" , line 28, in <module>
    time.sleep (10)
    keyboardInterrupt

    Ok, I'll be redoing mine from scratch tomorrow then. I'll make a backup image of my card before I wipe it with a fresh Raspbian image.

    If that's a python file your running, open it with the idle editor. In Raspbian its right click open with, then select other or something to let you pick what to open it with. It should point you to the start menu so go to I think its programing, then select idle. I'm on my windows PC so going by memory, which isn't the best these days. Anyway if you use the, "edit it with idle" option there will be a "RUN" menu with a "check module F5" option. That will flag most errors. If that doesn't flag anything use the Run option. If it then crashes you should get a better error message.
    I'll post better instructions tomorrow when I fire up one of my Raspbian installs to tinker with.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    10 Aug 2018 #1086

    I think you could probably do that with a sense hat LED matrix. I may have a go at it tomorrow just for fun. I'll be tinkering with my sense hat anyway.
    Are you running the "full code" at the bottom of the page you linked too?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 4,048
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       10 Aug 2018 #1087

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    I think you could probably do that with a sense hat LED matrix. I may have a go at it tomorrow just for fun. I'll be tinkering with my sense hat anyway.
    Are you running the "full code" at the bottom of the page you linked too?
    yes,and it just sits there with no led lighting up ..i tried it on a pi 3 and the pi zero ,I was hoping to get it running this weekend so my daughter could take it back with her ...oh well ,trudge -trudge,try aging tomorrow
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 4,048
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       10 Aug 2018 #1088

    thanks for the info ,,It tells me the sample files need to be run via command line ,using ,Sudo python filename.py ,i tried running them with in python but they will not run .

    this nice 3 piece case with camera slot on kickstarter
    PiShell: Multi Color Case for Raspberry Pi & Camera by SB Components Ltd —Kickstarter
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    11 Aug 2018 #1089

    caperjack said: View Post
    thanks for the info ,,It tells me the sample files need to be run via command line ,using ,Sudo python filename.py ,i tried running them with in python but they will not run .

    this nice 3 piece case with camera slot on kickstarter
    PiShell: Multi Color Case for Raspberry Pi & Camera by SB Components Ltd —Kickstarter
    You have to be in that directory, or type the full path for that to work. For example, to run my python file from crontab I add @reboot python3 /home/pi/THP.py &. From a command line it would be sudo python3 /home/pi/myfile.py.
    My file is in the pi folder, the one file explorer opens too with the documents etc folders in it. python runs it in python 2 and python3 runs it in python 3 by the way. I try to run all my stuff in python3.
    Your going to want to auto start it via crontab anyway so I'd try that.

    EDIT: Yeah, that is a nice case.
    Last edited by alphanumeric; 11 Aug 2018 at 04:02.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 4,048
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       11 Aug 2018 #1090

    Thanks for the info, i will try that when i get back at it later to-day maybe ..
    alphanumeric said: View Post
    You have to be in that directory, or type the full path for that to work. For example, to run my python file from crontab I add @reboot python3 /home/pi/THP.py &. From a command line it would be sudo python3 /home/pi/myfile.py.
    My file is in the pi folder, the one file explorer opens too with the documents etc folders in it. python runs it in python 2 and python3 runs it in python 3 by the way. I try to run all my stuff in python3.
    Your going to want to auto start it via crontab anyway so I'd try that.

    EDIT: Yeah, that is a nice case.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
The Raspberry Pi Thread [3] in Chillout Room
Continued From - The Raspberry Pi Thread - Page 208 - Windows 10 Forums A black version of the Pi Zero case would be nice. Or white even.
The Raspberry Pi Thread [2] in Chillout Room
Continued from - The Raspberry Pi Thread - Windows 10 Forums (200 page limit) Looks like my error message is Configuring network interfaces... ioctl: Operation not permitted. I also get a ioctl: invalid argument, I get two of them, whatever...
Hello ladies andgents! :cool: @z3r010 from SevenForums pointed mehere to share this project, but since I don't want to interrupt yourdiscussions on The Raspberry Pi Thread , I thought it would be better to create a new thread. :) It's a cool...
The Raspberry Pi Thread in Chillout Room
After spaming this thread , /windows-10-news/3950-new-raspberry-pi-2-now-windows-10-support.html I figured a new thread may be in order. I have a B+ and one of the new model 2 B's. I just fired up Raspbian on the new one to...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:35.
Find Us