Windows 10: Privacy issues with Windows 10 April 2018 update

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1.    11 Jul 2018 #41

    TairikuOkami said: View Post
    What is OK today, might be considered wrong tomorrow. Like cannabis, it is allowed, but might be banned again and at the job interview they might tell, that they do not employ criminals and drug addicts, when someone will have a history of cannabis, just FB posts will do, people forget, that what is online lasts forever.
    Yeah. that last part is a killer, worse than Vegas.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2. sn00ker's Avatar
    Posts : 496
    10 pro 64 clean install
       11 Jul 2018 #42

    Privacy doesn't exist in the world we live in nowadays, its just a word people like to believe that it still does exist, but the facts nowadays they can see everything with the help of teleology . I say don't sweat it and break all the laws you can since we are a form of life set on being evil, oh and every now and then we might be good too
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    11 Jul 2018 #43

    sn00ker said: View Post
    Privacy doesn't exist in the world we live in nowadays, its just a word people like to believe that it still does exist, but the facts nowadays they can see everything with the help of teleology . I say don't sweat it and break all the laws you can since we are a form of life set on being evil, oh and every now and then we might be good too
    It never did, there were stone age peeping toms and spies. Even Adam and Eve got caught.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    11 Jul 2018 #44

    CountMike said: View Post
    It never did, there were stone age peeping toms and spies. Even Adam and Eve got caught.
    But the talking serpent promised Eve that the knowledge gained from eating the fruit would help God provide a better paradise experience for her and Adam.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    11 Jul 2018 #45

    risug said: View Post
    But the talking serpent promised Eve that the knowledge gained from eating the fruit would help God provide a better paradise experience for her and Adam.
    So did Microsoft an see what happened
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    11 Jul 2018 #46

    CountMike said: View Post
    So did Microsoft an see what happened
    That's what I was making a metaphorical reference to.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    11 Jul 2018 #47

    cereberus said:
    Equally, one story proving MS have ever used data in a nefarious manner would be interesting. It is funny that after three years nobody has ever found a single case. Is it because MS are telling the truth?
    Playing 'Devil's Advocate', IMO it's a little pejorative to use 'nefarious' when the issue under discussion here is 'privacy'... and whether Microsoft breaches that. Strictly speaking... of course it does (as does every other major tech company) because it is often required to by legislation (whether 'secret' legislation, e.g. a Presidential 'finding', or otherwise).
    Last edited by RickC; 11 Jul 2018 at 22:05.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. lehnerus2000's Avatar
    Posts : 1,761
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.3 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home 1703 (64 bit), W10 Pro 1703 (64 bit) VM
       11 Jul 2018 #48

    RickC said: View Post
    Playing 'Devil's Advocate', IMO it's a little pejorative to use 'nefarious' when the issue under discussion here is 'privacy'... and whether Microsoft breaches that. Strictly speaking... of course it does (as does every other major tech company) because it is often required to by legislation (whether 'secret' legislation, e.g. a Presidential 'finding', or otherwise).
    Also these data stockpiles (Facebook, Google, MS, etc.) are constantly being probed by cyber-criminals.
    Last edited by lehnerus2000; 12 Jul 2018 at 22:06. Reason: Clarification
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    12 Jul 2018 #49

    I always have to laugh at these threads, with some acting like Microsoft is the only company doing any kind of data warehousing. I'd be willing to bet that the same people bashing Microsoft are all using smartphones. Common sense has been shattered in favor of hatred for one company. Data is being collected everywhere. It's unavoidable. I'm not losing any sleep over it. There are for worse things to focus your attention on. As mentioned above, Microsoft is one of the most scrutinized companies in the world.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    12 Jul 2018 #50

    There is no expectation of privacy on The NET using any OS. Most of these so called "Privacy Blocking" apps are snake oil.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Related Threads
Source: How to get the Windows 10 April 2018 Update - Windows Experience Blog Windows 10 April 2018 Update now available Monday, April 30 What’s new in the Windows 10 April 2018 Update - Windows 10 Forums What’s new for IT pros in...
Source: AdDuplex Windows Device Statistics Report for May 2018
UPDATE 5/8: Cumulative Update KB4103721 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.48 - May 8 - Windows 10 Forums Download Windows 10 ISO File How to get the Windows 10 April 2018 Update What’s new in the Windows 10 April 2018 Update - Windows 10...
Read more: Release notes - Mixed Reality | Microsoft Docs HoloLens RS4 Preview - Mixed Reality | Microsoft Docs Microsoft HoloLens (OS Build 17134.80) Update also included in: Cumulative Update KB4100403 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.81 -...
Source: What's new in the Windows 10 April 2018 Update - Windows Experience Blog Windows 10 April 2018 Update now available Monday, April 30 How to get the Windows 10 April 2018 Update What’s new for IT pros in Windows 10, version 1803 -...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:00.
Find Us