Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10  

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
  1. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 34,585
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 18290
    Thread Starter
       11 Oct 2018 #120

    Thank you Dimitri @ddelo. I have updated the .bat file in the tutorial for this.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    11 Oct 2018 #121

    Brink said: View Post
    Thank you Dimitri @ddelo. I have updated the .bat file in the tutorial for this.


    You're most welcome Shawn. Glad I could help!!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    3 Days Ago #122

    Hello, I am not sure what is going on is supposed to happen and I freaked out when it did. I executed the .bat file and once i typed in "y", it looked like a restart but the screen kept alternating between black and the loading blue screen. In shock i retarted my computer and it was still there. Have I destoryed my pc?? Please help me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    3 Days Ago #123

    Lycanroc said: View Post
    Hello, I am not sure what is going on is supposed to happen and I freaked out when it did. I executed the .bat file and once i typed in "y", it looked like a restart but the screen kept alternating between black and the loading blue screen. In shock i retarted my computer and it was still there. Have I destoryed my pc?? Please help me.
    Hi and welcome to TenForums!
    By trying to restart your PC from the command line, or a batch file in this case you do not destroy anything. Don't worry.
    The problem has nothing to do with the bat file.
    You need to troubleshoot the problem. First of all, if your PC is stuck in the black screen, press the start button for 5 seconds to shutdown and then restart.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    3 Days Ago #124

    Thanks for the help, I am already addressing the problem with someone else and they suggested a system restore. I'm going to see what I can do.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    3 Days Ago #125

    Lycanroc said: View Post
    Thanks for the help, I am already addressing the problem with someone else and they suggested a system restore. I'm going to see what I can do.
    Hope you get it solved. Good luck
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    3 Days Ago #126

    Okay, thank you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 34,585
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 18290
    Thread Starter
       2 Days Ago #127

    Lycanroc said: View Post
    Hello, I am not sure what is going on is supposed to happen and I freaked out when it did. I executed the .bat file and once i typed in "y", it looked like a restart but the screen kept alternating between black and the loading blue screen. In shock i retarted my computer and it was still there. Have I destoryed my pc?? Please help me.

    Hello Lycanroc and welcome to Ten Forums.

    The .bat file performs the same action as the manual commands in Option Two.

    When you type "Y" when using the .bat, it approves to restart the computer.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    1 Day Ago #128

    Hi. I had solved the problem and I was trying to use this to try something else on another thread. I just didn't do something correctly there. The .bat file isn't to blame, it should be fine.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    1 Day Ago #129

    Glad you solved it.
    Stick around and you'll notice that there's a great level of expertise and knowledge in forum members, but also willingness to help!
    These have made this forum the best Windows 10 source of information!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Tutorial Categories

Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10 Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


Related Threads
Title pretty much sums it up, is there a way to move the browsing cache from Microsoft Edge to a secondary drive? Thanks!
Windows keeps a copy of all your folder, picture, video, and document thumbnails in a cache so they can be reused to quickly display when you open a folder instead of having to manually scan and slowly load them each time. The thumbnail cache can...
Ghost icon in Windows 10 in Software and Apps
Hi After the latest win 10 preview update, I have a ghost icon left from a MUI app in the start menu. App isn't installed, clicking does nothing. It's just there with the @{xxxxxxx} crap, and it's actually annoying me. I looked in the...
My laptop Asus S400CA comes with 24GB SSD to work as express cache. What should be done while upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10 so that express cache is used. Will windows 10 installation take care and use this cache automatically or should...
ok so i just upgraded to windows 10 and i love it so far, but one small thing my mSSD cache drive dosent seem to be working well. its installed and the drivers and bios are setup, and the drive says it's accelerated but not having a effect on my...

Tags for this Thread

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33.
Find Us