Windows 10: Cumulative Update KB4284835 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.112 - June 12

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
  1.    5 Days Ago #120

    I wonder why does the speculative store bypass fix comes disabled by default. Anyone enabled it yet? Just curious if I should enable it since it seems my amd ryzen cpu is also affected by the vulnerability.

    //Well nvm seems like enabling the protection in the registry doesn't do anything unless you also get a microcode/bios update. Just tried it and used the powershell commands to check and it still said that my system is vulnerable.
    Last edited by Black Faith; 5 Days Ago at 06:57.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    5 Days Ago #121

    0xc4ea70 said: View Post
    Just created an account on here to thank you all for the great suggestions in getting this installed. Unfortunately, I am still unable to get it installed successfully: always results in error 0x800f0922.

    I have tried basically everything: ResetWU script, sfc /scannow, dism with all previously noted parameters, uninstall/reinstall of .NET 3.5/4.7. I get the same result whether Windows Update is used or if I run the executable from the catalog. Tried about 7 times...no luck.

    Any other things to try out? Thank you!
    Do a repair install, and let the installer download updates. It will then bring you to 112.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    5 Days Ago #122

    Black Faith said: View Post
    I wonder why does the speculative store bypass fix comes disabled by default. Anyone enabled it yet? Just curious if I should enable it since it seems my amd ryzen cpu is also affected by the vulnerability.

    //Well nvm seems like enabling the protection in the registry doesn't do anything unless you also get a microcode/bios update. Just tried it and used the powershell commands to check and it still said that my system is vulnerable.

    It's disabled by default because it can cause significant system slowdown. Also, the protection against Bounds Check Bypass (Variant 1) that is built into Firefox, Chrome, and Edge will also provide protection against Speculative Store Bypass (Variant 4).

    If you want to enable it on your AMD machine, you can do so now. A microcode update is only required on Intel machines. But it sounds like it's not recommended to enable it system-wide.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    5 Days Ago #123

    Ground Sloth said: View Post
    It's disabled by default because it can cause significant system slowdown. Also, the protection against Bounds Check Bypass (Variant 1) that is built into Firefox, Chrome, and Edge will also provide protection against Speculative Store Bypass (Variant 4).

    If you want to enable it on your AMD machine, you can do so now. A microcode update is only required on Intel machines. But it sounds like it's not recommended to enable it system-wide.
    Already enabled it. It does absolutly nothing. So most likely amd cpu's also need a microcode/bios update. Tried checking through powershell and it shows that I'm still vulnerable.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    5 Days Ago #124

    Broke down and downloaded all the batch files from Tutorial to restore context menu and one of more fixed it. Sometimes the old "shotgun" method works.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    5 Days Ago #125

    Black Faith said: View Post
    Already enabled it. It does absolutly nothing. So most likely amd cpu's also need a microcode/bios update. Tried checking through powershell and it shows that I'm still vulnerable.

    Numerous news articles stated that only Intel processors needed a microcode update to enable the fix. It would be interesting if that turns out to be false. If you recall, at one point AMD claimed that their processors were invulnerable to Variant 1. That turned out to be false.
    Last edited by Ground Sloth; 5 Days Ago at 09:13.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    5 Days Ago #126

    Ground Sloth said: View Post
    Numerous news articles stated that only Intel processors needed a microcode update to enable the fix. It would be interesting if that turns out to be false. If you recall, at one point AMD claimed that their processors were invulnerable to Variant 1. That turned out to be false.
    Well looking at this I think this might not have been intended straight for amd yet. Clearly states Intel.

    Update June 12, 2018:

    Microsoft is announcing Windows support for Speculative Store Bypass Disable (SSBD) in Intel processors. The updates require corresponding microcode/firmware and registry updates for functionality. See the Recommended actions section for information about the updates and the steps to apply to turn on SSBD.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    4 Days Ago #127

    I've had this update loop around with a fail 5 times now. Tried update fix tool, update troubleshooter, and standalone installer.
    Trying Dism, and deleting some reg keys.
    Wish me luck

    Well it failed again for the 6th time.... (standalone 3 times)
    I deleted:
    "Windows Address Book"="Software\\Clients\\Contacts\\Address Book\\Capabilities"
    "Windows Disc Image Burner"="Software\\Microsoft\\IsoBurn\\Capabilities"
    "Windows Photo Viewer"="Software\\Microsoft\\Windows Photo Viewer\\Capabilities"
    "Windows Search"="Software\\Microsoft\\Windows Search\\Capabilities" and
    "iTunes"="Software\\Clients\\Media\\iTunes\\Capabilities" I heart windows updates...

    I put the reg keys back. Think I've tried everything mentioned here.
    Turning off auto updates for awhile.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    4 Days Ago #128

    these reg keys only fix the "set defaults by app" settings crash, not the CU installation issues. As mentioned before, try a repair install with download updates at the setup prompt, it should land you on .112
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 528
    Windows 10 Home - Version 1803 - Build 17134.112
       4 Days Ago #129

    Repair install:

    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade | Windows 10 Tutorials

    I've used #6 a few times to fix various issues with new laptops and when dism/sfc was unable to help. It's easy and for me has never failed.
    Last edited by tomseys; 3 Days Ago at 07:26.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

    Related Threads
    UPDATE 6/12: Cumulative Update KB4284835 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.112 - June 12 - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4338548 Direct download links for KB4338548 MSU file from Microsoft Update...
    Hi, After updating to v1803 buil 17134.48 the bios resets itself to restart. how do you solve it? thank you Today I received a update: Microsoft - HIDCLASS - 5/14/2018 12:00:00 AM - 3.3.207.0, what is it?
    UPDATE 6/05/2018: Cumulative Update KB4338548 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.83 - June 5 - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4100403/windows-10-update-kb4100403 Direct download links for KB4100403 MSU...
    UPDATE 5/23: Cumulative Update KB4100403 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.81 - May 23 - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4103721/windows-10-update-kb4103721 See also: KB4100347 Intel microcode updates for...
    I have done Cumulative Update KB4103721 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.48. It has reduced free spceof driveby 2 GB. After doing cleaning by Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:65535 and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:02.
    Find Us