Changing to Windows Insider slow lane

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 611
    ,7,8.1 10TP 10upgrade,MINT
       1 Week Ago #1

    Changing to Windows Insider slow lane


    I have had frequent problems with fast lane builds so that with my present 18282, I have switched to the slow lane.
    Now at startup, I get the following message, "this build of Windows will expire soon".
    "Your build of Windows will expire on 14/12/2018 You should move to a new build as soon as possible. Go on line for more information".
    I clicked on the "more info" box and got a lot of rubbish from Microsoft on leaving feedback, but NOTHING about any new builds. Typical of Microsoft.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 16,663
    Win 10 RS5 64 Bit
       1 Week Ago #2

    tinmar49 said: View Post
    I have had frequent problems with fast lane builds so that with my present 18282, I have switched to the slow lane.
    Now at startup, I get the following message, "this build of Windows will expire soon".
    "Your build of Windows will expire on 14/12/2018 You should move to a new build as soon as possible. Go on line for more information".
    I clicked on the "more info" box and got a lot of rubbish from Microsoft on leaving feedback, but NOTHING about any new builds. Typical of Microsoft.
    You will have to go to the fast ring to get a new build, either that or go back to 1809 before 14/12/2018.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 611
    ,7,8.1 10TP 10upgrade,MINT
    Thread Starter
       1 Week Ago #3

    Looks like reverting to the fast ring is the easier option. I have just switched back, and within 30 seconds, 18290 has begun getting things ready.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 16,663
    Win 10 RS5 64 Bit
       1 Week Ago #4

    tinmar49 said: View Post
    Looks like reverting to the fast ring is the easier option. I have just switched back, and within 30 seconds, 18290 has begun getting things ready.
    Yes that is the faster way.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. Berton's Avatar
    Posts : 5,670
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, WinXP Home Premium, Linux Mint
       1 Week Ago #5

    I did one IP last week on 1 computer and am doing the 2nd one now. I got that message on the 2nd one and it changes the expiration to July 2019.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 16,663
    Win 10 RS5 64 Bit
       1 Week Ago #6

    Berton said: View Post
    I did one IP last week on 1 computer and am doing the 2nd one now. I got that message on the 2nd one and it changes the expiration to July 2019.
    Yes it would but the OP was on 18282.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. Berton's Avatar
    Posts : 5,670
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, WinXP Home Premium, Linux Mint
       1 Week Ago #7

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    Yes it would but the OP was on 18282.
    So was I.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 611
    ,7,8.1 10TP 10upgrade,MINT
    Thread Starter
       1 Week Ago #8

    I'm on 18290 now, all seems well so far. This pc has 18290, W10 pro 64, W7 ULT 64 and the latest Ubuntu 64. All on separate ssd's. Having used Linux Mint in the past, I am rather taken with Ubuntu, it is more user friendly.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    6 Days Ago #9

    tinmar49 said: View Post
    I'm on 18290 now, all seems well so far. This pc has 18290, W10 pro 64, W7 ULT 64 and the latest Ubuntu 64. All on separate ssd's. Having used Linux Mint in the past, I am rather taken with Ubuntu, it is more user friendly.
    Hi there
    any Linux distro can be made user friendly -- just select the right GUI -- personally I hate the standard ubuntu desktop (default) - install the KDE plasma GUI for a really easy "windows like" desktop on ubuntu (or use kubuntu) or install kde plasma on any other distro. On ubuntu simply type on console sudo apt-get install kde-desktop.

    That said there's still a defect in Windows 290 build - if you run vmware and start up a guest OS then currently system will GSOD when you start the VM. Some games might also cause GSOD. I've rolled this one back to 1809.168 for the time being.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    5 Days Ago #10

    mine says expires 12-14-18 too, I just want to get out of the dag on program!!!! but I see no option. I'm on the slow build.
    how or when can I get the option to get out and be on normal regular builds?
    I'm not getting any update, will they offer me one before the 14th?

    my current build says 18272.1000
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
803664314775179264 Read more: Next Up for the Windows Insider Program: Changing the World - Thurrott.com
Use Cortana without changing region settings in Windows 10 Insider build 14322 Cortana is getting more and more useful on Windows 10 devices, and we previously reported last week that the latest Windows 10 Mobile Insider build 14322 brought a...
Yesterday I decided to join and install windows 10 insider builds, when I changed it over it said it needed to restart, upon restarting it would show the windows logo then go to a black screen and sit there. If I move the mouse it shows up with a...
Stuck in slow lane in Installation and Upgrade
If I go to Windows Update and click on 'Advanced Options' it shows that I am in the 'Slow' lane. I can change this to 'Fast', but if I leave this page and then return it just show 'Slow' again. I don't get build 10130 There is a line in red at...
​Microsoft issues fix for Lumia phones bricked by Windows 10 Fast lane | ZDNet
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:01.
Find Us